- “An Integrated Framework for Peacebuilding, Development and Human Rights: Reflections on Liberia’s PRSP,” co-authored with Sakiko Fukuda-Parr, Peacebuilding in Liberia, London: Ashgate Press, 2008.
- “Natural Resource Governance, Conservation and Security: Evolving Best Practices in Post-Conflict Liberia,” co-authored with Tyler Christie, JPD, 3:2, 2006.
- "Integrated Approaches to Peacebuilding in Transitional Settings: Lessons from Liberia," South Africa: Institute for Security Studies, 2008. Web link
- “Transforming and Preventing Polarization by Embracing Strategy Dilemmas: An Outsider View on Lessons from Zimbabwe,” 20 April, 2011. Web link
- “Between Perception and Reality: Are NGOs Really Making a Difference?” with Ezekiel Pajibo, Monograph for MWENGO, Harare, Zimbabwe: MWENGO, 2003.
- “Beyond a Blocked Transition: Prospects for Nonviolent Political Change in Zimbabwe,” United States Institute for Peace Special Report, 2003. (with A. Le Bas and Ezekiel Pajibo).
- “Can Participation Advance Poverty Reduction? PRSP Process and Content in Five African Countries,” with Ezekiel Pajibo, Harare, Zimbabwe: AFRODAD, 2003.
- “The Case of Land in Zimbabwe: Cause of Conflict, Foundation for Sustained Peace” in (ed.) Abu-Nimer, Reconciliation, Justice and Co-existence, Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group, 2001.
- “Land Tenure Reform in Zimbabwe: Cause for Conflict, Foundation for Sustained Peace,” Cantilevers, V4: 24-28, 199.
- “Bridging Reconciliation and Justice in South Africa” in Cantilevers, V3:19-23, 1997.
- “Leading the Way? Candid Words from the National Party, the Inkatha Freedom Party, and the African National Congress about Reconciliation and the Future of South Africa,” Cantilevers, V3:12-17, 1997.